Students shall be permitted to drive an automobile to school. Driving to school is considered a privilege and not a student’s right. All students planning to drive to school must have a parking permit.
A violation of school rules may result in a suspension of a student’s parking permit: i.e. speeding, reckless driving, excessive tardiness, truancies, etc.
Specific driving provisions shall be:
- We do permit driving, provided the student has a valid driver’s license and insurance card.
- Privilege to drive can be suspended by the administration.
- All traffic laws that apply while traveling in a school zone must be obeyed.
- Students leaving school property must obtain office permission.
- Students will not be permitted to go to parking areas or move vehicles without permission from the administration.
- Upon arriving to school, students are not permitted to remain in their cars, but they are to enter the building immediately and not loiter in or around their cars.